11 years old
Nick is a big fan of the Seahawks, and not too long ago, he had the opportunity to meet one of his favorite Seahawks players! Nick also loves playing sports and has had great fun attending soccer and basketball camps and participating in a Parks & Recreation football league. Among his favorite playthings are toy cars, action figures, Legos, and video games.
Nick, who is developmentally on track, is in 6th grade for the 2016-17 year. He is a boy who responds best to structure, routine, encouragement, and praise and having supports for reading, math, and language skills .
Nick is doing well with his foster family where there is stability and consistency, along with clear rules, expectations, limits, and consequences that have been discussed with him ahead of time. Nick is continuing to work in counseling to develop behavioral tools and strategies to help him deal with his feelings in positive ways, build his social skills with peers, and increase his self-esteem.
With a little help from the significant adults in his life, including his social worker and counselor, Nick has developed the two lists below which he wants to share with prospective adoptive families:
“What I Want in a Family”
- A family that will be tough on me when I do something wrong.
- Likes to hunt and likes to ride dirt bikes
- Friendly, Loud, Silly, Nice, Fun
- Takes sports seriously! Will let me play football on a team.
- Supportive – will cheer for me at sporting events.
- A family who will love me.
“What a Family Should Know About Me”
- I’m an active kid who loves recess! I love math too.
- I like the Seahawks, especially Marshawn Lynch and Richard Sherman, and
I like the Huskies.
- I get really upset when people make fun of me or are mean to me.
- I’m very serious about sports! I’m competitive and sometimes I’m not a
‘good sport’ but I’m working on that.
- I love dogs!
- Favorite foods include pizza, spinach, broccoli, carrots, bananas,
omelets, breakfast burritos, and BACON! I don’t like lettuce, pasta, jambalaya or macaroni and cheese.
- When I’m not out being active, I like video games and TV (in my room
would be great!)
- I am fun-loving and enjoy hugs, being tickled and joking around.
- Would love a room of my own.
- I care a lot about the people I love.
- I want to make good choices and need help with that sometimes.
- I want a mom and a dad.
A good fit for Nick would be a couple or single parent who wants to love, nurture, and mentor a young son. Nick could be successful as an only child or as a child with a few older or younger brothers and sisters. Having a good repertoire of behavioral tools and strategies would likely be a plus in parenting Nick, and helping him feel good about himself. Nick has a lot to share with his adoptive family. If you are a sports-loving, active, supportive family, you may be just the family Nick and his worker are waiting to hear from! Contact us soon to learn more about Nick.
If you are interested in providing nurturing and love for Nicholas or for any other Special Needs Children, please call our office for further information.